Monday 3 September 2012

Week 1 = done!


Well I have survived the first week. The first 3 days I found a breeze, no cravings, didn’t go hungry, and really enjoyed all of the food. Was pleasantly surprised to see a 400g loss on the scales Wednesday morning too - after only 2 days! Exercise wise, I powered through the first 3 days. 30 minute core class at the gym, followed by 45min pump class on Monday. Tuesday was 45 min Spin class, as well as a 15min warm up on the treadmill and the ab exercises for the day. Wednesday I did the Super Shredder DVD at home – the first time I have ever sweated in my lounge room!
Thursday afternoon the chocolate craving started to set in, and I satisfied it with a Special K caramel bar – only 99 calories and it has a thin layer of chocolate on it, I was proud with my choice. I’ve been good with my snacks, low fat yoghurts, fruit, sultanas, vita wheats to name a few. I made the cacao bites and have had some when I’ve had some calories to spare! Yum!
I skipped exercise on Thursday as I had a facial that evening, and was advised not to sweat. I also skipped exercise on Friday as I went to the MCG to watch my hawks play in the evening. I’m a bit disappointed in myself for skipping 2 days in a row, but I made Saturday a double session. I did the “SSS” session in the morning at the park near my house – got through 3 full rounds, plus started a 4thround and got through the burpees set then the hour was up. Later in the evening I did the stretch & core session in my lounge room that I missed Friday.  Sunday I was at my park again in the morning and did the toning session that I missed Thursday.
My calves are so ridiculously tight, I have stretched them a lot – but it hurts to go up and down stairs!
Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, I met a couple of friends at a pub for “drinks” but I behaved and only had 1 glass of white wine and counted it into my calories for the day. With the beautiful weather we had, I could’ve easily sat there and polished off a bottle, but I refrained J
I’m stoked for the food this week – banana bruschetta was delicious and a really filling breakfast this morning. For dinner tonight I switched it around and made the pumpkin chicken chickpea korma - delicious.
I’ll be away in Hobart this weekend without cooking facilities, so I’ll need to make sure I am making wise decisions when eating out!
Here's to another good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment